Bridging Loan secured against property provides capital injection to ensure the continuation of Wedding Venue Project
Breadalbane Finance was introduced to this business by one of our banking connections. The client was in the process of converting part of their estate into a wedding venue but needed additional funding in place to move the project forward
- Our client required an initial £200,000 as soon as possible.
- Work had already commenced by the time we were introduced, with many contractors demanding payment and the client feeling under considerable pressure.
- The business plan was based on entirely on financial projections and planning permission was still pending.
- The existing bank had agreed a temporary Overdraft extension but not enough to get the project over the line.
- Other Lenders were looking at the opportunity but there were no offers forthcoming.
Breadalbane Finance identified that the client required short-term funding to give them the time and space to arrange a proper finance package for the entire project.
- Within days we negotiated a competitive Bridging Loan offer for the client
- The funder took security over unencumbered properties. They were comfortable with the loan-to-value and, as a result, required no additional financial information.
- Funding was released 48 hours after legal processes began
- Fees and monthly interest were rolled up and added to the loan balance at the end of the 8-month term, meaning no monthly repayments for the duration of the Bridge.
- With the Bridging Funds in their account, the client was relieved of the immediate cash-flow pressure
- They were able to make the required payments and focus on the next stage of the development.
What The Client Said
“It was clear from our first meeting that Breadalbane understood our position. They were professional with expert knowledge, but also approachable and open. Other lenders we’d spoken to were limited and took ages to come back to us but Breadalbane did exactly what they said they would.”
What is Bridging Finance?
Bridging Finance is short-term finance that provides capital injection and can be used for more or less any business purpose. Breadalbane Finance understands the need for a fast turnaround and works with bridging funders who make decisions quickly to meet tight deadlines. A bridging loan secured by a first charge against a property enables the funder to offer flexibility and a funding structure that suits the client.