Asset Finance can help you to avoid tying up your capital in one big purchase or can be used to leverage the equity in your existing assets.
It works by spreading the cost of capital purchases such as equipment, machinery or vehicles over a fixed period of time. These assets can be new or second-hand.
- Hire purchase. A good option for acquiring your equipment and vehicles. Technically you own the asset while spreading the cost over the life of the asset. This tax-efficient approach means you can offset interest payments and any charges against your pre-tax profits, as well as reclaiming VAT. And, as the owner of the asset, you may be able to claim capital allowance. For seasonal businesses, there is scope for structuring repayments to reflect your cashflow.
- Refinancing. This is when you release the capital tied up in your assets to free up cash to use elsewhere, or simply to improve cashflow over time. You still have full use of the asset and will still own it at the end of the term. As the name suggests, it can be used even if you have existing finance with another provider.
- Leasing. Benefit from more flexibility by renting your asset, with a term designed to fit your business requirements and cashflow. Ideal if you need to scale your operations up and down quickly to meet customer demand or spread costs as far as possible. At the end of the first lease term you may have the choice to extend to a second period, or even sell the asset and keep some income from the sale. Alternatively, you can simply return the asset.
As businesses look to the future following the pandemic, this form of finance can be one of the best ways to help you get the funding in place to adapt and seize new opportunities. We have many years of experience supporting business of all sizes in all industries including:
- Agriculture and forestry
- Construction and engineering
- Manufacturing and printing
- Quarrying and demolition
- Transport and haulage
We are very well placed to find the right funder and product for you, even if you have been declined for a facility in the past.